JOIN CORCORAN GROWS
Saturday Nov 5th 9 to 11am for our Community Clean Up for Water Quality
Bring your rake & gloves and meet Sat Nov 5 at 9 am for Pancakes at Joe & Bonnie’s House 3519 23rd AVE S, Mpls, MN 55407
Let’s Keep our Creek, River and Lake Hiawatha Clean
OUR Neighborhood Storm Drains flow into Lake Hiawatha–including Trash, leaves
- Leaves & organic debris from streets & sidewalks can flow through storm sewers into lakes &streams
- The leaves & other material contain phosphorus, nitrogen & soil are significant pollutants.
- These nutrients, especially phosphorus, contribute to excessive algae growth that rob needed oxygen.
Together we can make a difference!
1. Rake & Bag Leaves off your Street & Storm Drain before it rains report the number of bags you collect at
2. Adopt your storm drain year round www.minneapolismn.gov/adoptadrain
3. Keep a healthy lawn–mow high, sweep sidewalks clean, don’t over water
4. Use your run off–redirect down spouts, rain gardens, rain barrels
5. Reduce chemicals-reduce salt use& fertilizers, Buy plants with no neonics.
Corcoran GROWS: Grassroots Opens Ways to Sustainability Building supportive relationships & community self-reliance in the face of climate change.One of our focus areasthis fall and spring supportingaction for clean water. www.facebook.com/CorcoranGrows
Learn how to become a
Master Water Steward www.masterwaterstewards.org