Help your city include resilience (clean energy, water quality, climate adaptation, equity) goals in its new 2040 comprehensive plan
- Cities update their comprehensive plans once every 10 years and all metro cities need to complete this by Dec 2018.
- The met council is giving metro the option to include resilience (clean energy, water quality, climate adaptation, equity) goals in their r new 2040 comprehensive plans https://metrocouncil.org/Handbook/Plan-Elements/Resilience.aspx
- By including resilience goals your city, businesses and residents can take steps (behavior change and policies) to save money and energy and be prepared for changing weather.
- Review our simple talking points allianceforsustainability.com/programs/resilient-cities/resiliencetalkingpoints/
- Visit your City’s 2040 comprehensive plan update page to find out about future public meetings your city will be hosting and how you can get involved
- Sign up for email updates on your city’s comp plan,
- Call and/or email your City Planner and/or submit your comments on line via your city’s 2040 comp plan comment form saying that you support your city to
- include community-wide resilience goals in its new 2040 comprehensive plan
- to support residents and businesses to save money and energy while creating local jobs and becoming prepared for changing weather
Options for deeper involvement
- If you like you can also contact your city council member with this message or
- attend a Planning Commission meeting or Comp Plan task force meeting to learn how you can get more involved.
LoGoPEP Energy Planning Resources www.regionalindicatorsmn.com/energy-planning
- An energy planning guide and workbook for use in the 2040 comprehensive planning process;
- An example analysis of energy existing conditions documenting a city’s energy use profile and available energy resources;
- Example local government energy goals;
- A solar energy calculator to assist in setting solar energy development goals;
- A wedge diagram tool for energy and greenhouse gas reduction planning with an associated menu of feasible city actions
- Watch the LoGoPEP Webinar: “Tools for Local Government Energy Champions“. Click here to watch the webinar. Here to see the slides of the webinar.
- LogoPEP, Energy Planning Workbook energyplanningworkbook_may2017 (1)
- Met Council Solar Planning Guide Factsheet-Planning-for-Solar
- Example CO2 reduction strategies (Alliance & Blue Dot) Emission Reduction Example Measures 060817
- MET COUNCIL Comp Plan Workshop Planning for Solar Energy Systems in our Communities
When: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 Where: TBD