Saturday Morning, June 27 – City Leaders Dialogue 10:00 am to 12:30 pm Agenda (Including zoom link and handouts.)
Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition –
In 2020, the Alliance for Sustainability is supporting elected leaders, city staff, and citizen volunteers from 50+ MN cities to launch the Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC) to work together to meet their community-wide energy, climate, and resiliency goals. Member cities will learn together, share best practices, and become successful, inspiring models for other cities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest.
- April 4 2020 Climate Action Planning – Video Link – Environmental Commissions Webinar
- West Metro Cities – Next Steps and Action Resources
- East Metro Cities – Next Steps and Action Resources
EAST METRO CITIES CLIMATE ACTION CONVERSATION
with Environmental Commission Community & Neighborhood Volunteers from Anoka, Dakota, Ramsey and Washington County Cities – Discuss high impact actions our cities can take together to achieve our city’s energy/climate goals.
Thursday February 13, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Ramsey County Library – Roseville 2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113 www.afors.org/resilientcities/eastmetro
Who should attend? Citizen Commission & Community Volunteers, City Staff and Elected Leaders, Student Leaders and neighborhood volunteers
Feb 13 Agenda and Summary of High Impact Actions Feb 13 East Metro Cities Climate Action Conversation Invitation
6:00 p.m. Student Commissioners, High School leaders gathering
6:30 p.m. Updates from Cities on their 2020 Environmental Commission work plans & new resources from Ramsey County and Met Council
7:00 p.m. Small Group Conversations on high impact actions our cities can take with support from other cities and our counties to achieve our community wide energy, climate and resilience goals.
8:00 p.m. Small Group Reports and Planning Our Next Steps
8:30 p.m. Networking –
Please RSVP for you and your team at https://feb13environmentalcommissionsramseyanokaco.eventbrite.com
January 22, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at St. Louis Park City Hall (Council Chambers) 5005 Minnetonka Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416
60 west metro citizen leaders and/or city staff from 14 cities joined us last night from Bloomington, Champlin, Chanhassen, Chaska, Edina, Eden Prairie, Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Richfield St. Anthony Village, St. Louis Park and Wayzata.
AGENDA & Introduction to the RCCC Jan22ProgramWestMetroCities
Updates from Cities on 2020 Environmental Commission work plans (to be posted)
7:00 p.m. Small Group Conversations to review high impact actions our cities can take to achieve our GHG reduction goals, and brainstorm ways our cities can work together.
- Clean Energy Supply – Erin Niehoff & Stacy Miller – Mpls, Dan Katzenberger – Eden Prairie, Nicole Ciulla, St. Louis Park Handouts Energy. Final Group Packet
- Efficient Buildings – Tim Sandry – Bloomington, Leah Hiniker – Hennepin County, John Dunlop, Minneapolis/MREA Handouts Buildings. Final Group Packet
- Transportation – Jennifer Munt Mtka, Brian Ross GPI, Jeff Meek MnDOT Handouts Transportation. Final Group Packet
8:00 p.m. Planning Our Next Steps –
- Notes on next steps from small groups.
- Survey to Plan ways to stay in touch.
- Helpful resources from Hennepin County, the Met Council and Nonprofits
Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition
In 2020, the Alliance for Sustainability is supporting elected leaders, city staff, and citizen volunteers from 50+ MN cities to launch the Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC) to work together to meet their community-wide energy, climate, and resiliency goals. Member cities will learn together, share best practices, and become successful, inspiring models for other cities throughout Minnesota and the United States. The RCCC will be a non-partisan group focusing on collaborative, win-win-win solutions addressing issues of health, equity, sustainability, and resiliency.
We are exploring long term ways we can sync up new resources being developed by the Met Council, GreenSteps, RCCC, Metro Counties and nonprofits to support and empower MN cities achieve their climate goals on time as a Regional Climate Collaborative (see the excellent summary) Regional Climate Collaboratives
Find out how you and your city can make a difference through more impactful collaboration, innovative programs, community engagement, and policy advocacy. Contact Sean Gosiewski, email@example.com.
See our RCCC Vision, Mission, Goals
West Metro Environmental Commissions Gathering for Hennepin County Cities Wed January 22, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at St. Louis Park City Hall (Council Chambers) 5005 Minnetonka Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416 FREE Event Please RSVP https://jan22environmentalcommissionshennepinco.eventbrite.com
Tidying-up: Do Your Greenhouse Gas Emissions Spark Joy?
Wed, February 5, 2020 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at LMC and via webinar
League of MN Cities 145 University Ave W St Paul, MN 55103 RSVP at Eventbrite
East Metro Environmental Commissions Gathering for Ramsey, Washington & Anoka County Cities
Thursday February 13, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm at
Ramsey County Library – Roseville
2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
- Energy Supply and Renewables
- High Performance Buildings
- Transportation/Land Use
- Resilience & Climate Adaptation
- EQB Environmental Congress Dec 3 in Mankato – please RSVP
- MN Clean Cars Rule Making – comment form and public meeting schedule
- Xcel Energy Integrated Resource Plan Update
- Local officials supporting federal wind & solar tax extension
- Reducing Plastic Bags/ Bring Your Own Bag Rules Minneapolis and Duluth
- Emerald Ash Borer Response – additional funding needed for cities
- MN Climate Related Executive Orders – Ask Gov Walz to ask EQB and state agencies to update our MN Climate Action Plan and launch actions to meet 2030 targets for buildings, energy supply, transportation, agriculture, forestry, resilience
Event ARCHIVES & Resources
Questions? please contact: Sean Gosiewski, Executive Director, Alliance for Sustainability, 612-250-0389 Sean@afors.org
- Resilient Communities Candidate Forum Hennepin Co. District 1
- Feb 13 Environmental Commissions Gathering for Ramsey, Washington & Anoka County Cities
- Xcel Energy’s rate increases
- Mpls Green Teams Action Alert Dec 4 6pm Budget Hearing
- Community Power on Xcel’s Integrated Resource Plan
- What does it actually take to be carbon neutral?
- NTY U.N. Climate Bleak’ U.N. Report Finds World Heading to Climate Catastrophes
- New 2020 Guide for Successful City Green Teams Now Available
- Jan 14 Mpls Green Teams